In line with government advice, StoreKit has closed its main office. Please do not send any returns to our main office during the COVID-19 lockdown as we will not be able to process them.
The start of the affected period was Thursday 3rd January 2021.
What does it mean for returns?
StoreKit has two return policies: our general returns policy, and returns under warranty for faulty items. Under general returns, all our printers operate a 30-days returns policy. We’re going to freeze and extend that period.
If you would like an email to alert you when we’re open for returns again, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your order number asking for an alert, and we advise checking in with us before you attempt to return something.
– Printers bought on or after January 3rd will have their return window begin when we reopen our office, and extend for 30 days after that.
– If your printer was bought less than 30 days before January 3rd (from December 3rd), we’ll offer a flat two week period after the reopening during which you can return your printer.
– As before, general returns occur at the discretion of StoreKit and the printer must be in a pristine condition. We reserve the right to reject these returns if they cannot be resold, so they must follow the following guidelines:
Returned products must be in their complete, clean and original packaging and in like-new condition. If returned products don’t meet these criteria, we will discount a restocking fee from the refund.
Please pack your product as safely and securely as possible. Use a larger corrugated cardboard box and ample packing material to cover the boxes and products you are returning. Do not use the product’s box as shipping box. Avoid applying excessive tape or packing labels directly to the product box.
Returns Under Warranty
– COVID-19 means a blanket freeze on any returns to StoreKit. The office is closed (although we’re still on the phone!) and any return send to StoreKit right now cannot be processed.
– Call StoreKit and ask about our “rapid swap-out service” which can get you a working replacement printer for the duration of the warranty process.
– If your warranty is likely to end before the end of lockdown, ask us about how we can help in your instance.
Faulty printers from StoreKit are rare, but unfortunately they do happen. All our manufacturers include warranties which will allow you to return a broken printer. (Please ask a member of the team about non-printer items).
The first step of any return under warranty is basic troubleshooting with a StoreKit phone representative to ensure the printer is broken. You can complete that process right now. Around two thirds of people who call StoreKit about a broken printer discover that their printer is not broken, so we can only accept returns which have gone through this process, and your manufacturer may require an additional call with one of their representatives.
If you go through that process, you’re eligible to return your printer.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, the StoreKit office is closed to all returns until the end of lockdown. Most warranties should extend beyond the end of the lockdown, in which case, please wait until lockdown ends, and send the printer then.
If your warranty is about to run out, and you cannot wait until the end of the lockdown, contact StoreKit. This is required by the warranty process anyway – but, since your warranty is provided by your manufacturer rather than StoreKit, new policies differ by manufacturer.
Ask about our “rapid swap-out service” which can get you a working replacement printer quickly and simply.