Did you know that 60% of customers order food online at least once a week? The takeaway industry is rapidly evolving, and with it, the technology that powers our dining experiences. Gone are the days when Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) systems ruled the roost. Today, we're witnessing a tech revolution, spearheaded by Online Ordering Systems. But what makes them so superior to traditional EPOS? Let's dive in!
What is an EPOS System for Takeaways?
An EPOS system is like the Swiss Army knife of restaurant management – it processes payments, manages inventory, tracks sales, and sometimes even makes your coffee (just kidding on the last part). While they sound indispensable, they might be more than what's needed for many takeaway joints.
Overview of Popular EPOS Systems for Takeaways
In the world of EPOS systems, several names stand out, especially when it comes to takeaways: Square, SumUp, and Zettle. Let's briefly compare these giants:
- Square: Known for its comprehensive features, Square offers a full-fledged EPOS system that's great for new businesses looking for an all-in-one solution. It boasts robust inventory management, sales tracking, and employee management features. However, for smaller takeaways, this might be more firepower than necessary.
- SumUp: SumUp keeps things a bit simpler. It's known for its straightforward, user-friendly interface, making it a good fit for smaller operations that don't need all the bells and whistles. Its cost-effectiveness is a significant plus, but it might lack some advanced features offered by others.
- Zettle by PayPal: A contender that balances functionality with simplicity, Zettle offers a good mix of features without overwhelming the user. Its integration with PayPal can be a huge advantage for takeaways that already use PayPal for online transactions.
Each of these systems has its strengths and might be more or less suited to your specific takeaway needs. It’s important to consider what you really need from an EPOS system: Is it the comprehensive management tools of Square, the simplicity of SumUp, or the balanced approach of Zettle?
For a more in-depth comparison, check out this detailed review.
Card Readers vs. EPOS Systems: What Do Takeaways Actually Need?
Most small takeaways think they need the whole EPOS shebang when a simple card reader might suffice. But wait, there's more. Even a card reader might be overkill compared to the streamlined efficiency of an online ordering system.
The Rise of Online Takeaway Ordering Systems
Enter the online ordering system: a straightforward, focused tool that lets customers order and pay online, eliminating the hassle of phone orders or DMs. It's like having a digital waiter who never gets your order wrong.
Real-Life Scenarios: The Hassle-Free Approach of Online Ordering Systems
Imagine running a takeaway without the chaos of juggling calls, texts, and face-to-face orders. Online ordering systems, like storekit, turn that dream into reality, especially for the one-person show or small team.
Why One-Man Bands Should Opt for Online Ordering Systems
For the solo chefs and small teams out there, an online ordering system is a game-changer. It simplifies operations, cuts down on mistakes, and lets you focus on what you do best – making mouth-watering food.
So, do you really need an EPOS system for your takeaway? Maybe not. An online ordering system for takeaway can offer a more streamlined, cost-effective solution to meet your needs and keep your customers happy.
- Q: Will an online ordering system integrate with my existing setup?
- A: Absolutely! Most systems are designed to be user-friendly and easily integrable.
- Q: Can an online system handle special orders or requests?
- A: Yes, most allow for customisations and special instructions from customers.
- Check out more about the wonders of online ordering systems.
- Interested in simplifying your takeaway's operations? Try storekit for free here.